Version 1.0.2 (February 12, 2017)
- Added Preferences option to use alternative download mirror for users that have trouble downloading mods
- Updated built-in Map List extension with improvements, fixed crashes, and fixed memory leaks
Version 1.0.1 (February 13, 2016)
- Fixed issues with certain events (topic, joins) not displaying in the chat room
- Fixed potential crash using sv_map under OS X 10.7
- Updated Sparkle updater to address recent vulnerabilities
- Migrated http URLs over to https
Version 1.0 (September 28, 2015)
- Official 1.0 stable (not beta!) release
- Added compatibility for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Improved pixel shader issues for integrated graphics cards (thanks 002, Samuco)
- Added migration to better graphics settings for existing players
- Added ability to play all campaign maps from the full version; note you must already own a copy of the retail version, and have to copy the retail maps into MD's Mods folder (see Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder from the menu bar)
- Removed "5" text that showed up when starting Halo at the bottom corner of the screen
Version 1.0b37 (January 31, 2015)
- Improved Interface for Lobby and Chat windows
- Fixed major issues and made improvements to the chat room including:
Fixing sending of private messages and game statuses
Improving (re)connectability to the room
Improving handling of nick conflicts
Preserving spelling/substitution settings (e.g, autocorrect)
Improving autoscrolling to bottom for new chat messages
Improving handling of multi-line messages
IMPORTANT NOTE: 1.0b29 will not be able to connect to the room in the near future; it is strongly encouraged to update.
Fixed a bug where having a period in the home folder filename would prevent HaloMD from launching (again)
Internally improved how the lobby retrieves game information
Version 1.0b29 (October 11, 2014)
- Added support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Added two commands: sv_maplist_show_outdated (show outdated maps) and sv_maplist_show_all (show all maps); these commands must be entered manually into the console to use them.
Version 1.0b26 (May 20, 2014)
- All custom maps are now listed in-game for map selection
- Changed 'Mods' menu complying to above change
- Added prevention from installing a mod that is already installed
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Version 1.0b23 (Feb 9, 2014)
- Added support for engine based modifications called Extensions
- Added built-in Map Downloader extension; if you join a game that changes to a new map you do not have, the map begins downloading automatically
- Removed the built-in port mapper which fixes freezing/firewall issues for some people. If you find that you can't host anymore, download and enable the port mapper extension from the menu bar.
- Improved support for nicknames in the MD chat room, which can now handle more types of characters
- Improved MD chat room reliability when sleeping/waking from the computer.
- Improved reliability of downloading mods on systems earlier than OS X 10.7
- Chat room window can now be automatically restored at launch (requires OS X 10.7 or later and having "close windows when quitting an application" unchecked in System Preferences)
- Added option to add server favorites in the Game menu
Version 1.0b18 (Nov 27, 2013)
- Fixed "No games found" bug when fetching games from lobby (bug introduced in b16)
- Fixed bug preventing Halo from playing with some multi-monitor display setups
- Improved Halo's fullscreen mode by allowing you to command+tab or command-h out
- Improved chat carnage by enabling chat text to be seen on any server
- Improved multiplayer map selection UI by omitting out disabled full version maps
- Increased timeout threshold for connecting to the MD chatroom
- Added (still incomplete) support for plug-ins
Version 1.0b16 (Nov 16, 2013)
- Fixed freezing issues and improved fetching games from lobby
- Disabled auto correct being enabled by default in MD chatroom
- Added private message option in chatroom via /msg (thanks to Samuco)
Version 1.0b15 (Oct 27, 2013)
- Fixed startup crash for 10.5 users
Version 1.0b14 (Oct 24, 2013)
- Fixes a crash preventing Halo from running on 10.9 Mavericks on certain systems
Version 1.0b11 (Jul 23, 2013)
- Fixed potential bug where mod downloads list could be corrupted
- Fixed possible crash vulnerability with fetching lobby list
- Fixed potential freeze/crash when opening the lobby chat
- Improved handling of fetching games from lobby
- Improved handling of downloading large mods
- Internal changes to mod database
- New simple website at http://halomd.net (spread the word!)
- Quick bugfix update
Version 1.0b10 (May 30, 2013)
- Fixed crash when trying to play the Campaign
- Fixed chat bug with MD not responding to when your nickname is mentioned
- Fixed bug where some maps were shown strangely due to case sensitivity issue
- Internal changes to mod database
- Quick update
Version 1.0b9 (May 19, 2013)
- Increased chances of hosting a game and having it work by adding a NAT traversal / port mapping technique
- Added a chat icon in the main window at the top-right corner for better visibility
- Added in-game status' in the lobby chatroom that show what game a player is in. Double-clicking on a user joins that game
- Added optional sounds and notifications in the lobby chatroom
- Added linkification to the lobby chatroom for URLs
- Removed older versions of mods in the Mods menu, reducing clutter. These mods are still accessible via sv_map
- Changed default score button from 'F1' to '1'; for existing players, F1 will still work if it's currently mapped
- Improved DNS-lookup and connection reliability, having less vulnerability to hanging
- Fixed bug where lobby indicated a user may be having hosting issues when Halo wasn't even open
- Adding Intel HD Graphics 4000 under list of graphics cards that shouldn't play this game with pixel shaders enabled (because of e.g, invisible rocks)
- Disabled rich-text in the lobby chatroom, capable of causing strange issues
- Added tooltips for descriptions of mods in the Mods menu
- Changed restriction on names allowed in chatroom; only ASCII characters will show up, fixing a possible hang
- When mentioned in lobby chatroom, a badge on the dock pops up when HaloMD is the inactive application
Version 1.0b8 (April 8, 2013)
- Added a chat room. Navigate to Chat -> Show Chat in the menubar to go to it.
- Downloading mods can now be based on delta-patches, downloading only the bits that have been changed making mod downloads faster and smaller
- sv_name and sv_password should now work, so hosts can change their server name and password via the console (eg: sv_name "New server name!")
- Added notification support (via Growl or Notification Center)
- Improved smoothness of fetching games from the lobby list
- Updated Crossing map, fixing a couple internal issues
- Small downloadable update
Version 1.0b4 (Jan 20, 2013)
- Even if the lobby master server is down, HaloMD will load a list of known servers.
- Small downloadable update
Version 1.0b3 (Jan 05, 2013)
- Fixed bug where HaloMD app might freeze if lobby is down.
- Small downloadable update
Version 1.0b2 (Dec 21, 2012)
- Fixed Mod Database that broke when HDM went down.
- Modified ui map to exclude join internet option.
- Cancel button now works again when downloading a mod from the database.
- From b1, fixed bug with some servers not being listed
- HaloMD is now in beta!
Version 1.0a27 (Nov 22, 2012)
- Crossing and Barrier now use their own map slots.
- Removed sword in Crossing.
- Removed 'key' icon, and updated 'lock' icon for private servers in the lobby.
- UI strings are now updated more in-game and should make more sense for third-party mods.
- Improved sv_map so that it can load almost any map in your maps folder, whether the map is 'swapped' in or not.
- Added a 'random' map selection
- Relocated HDM's mod database, downloading mods should be more reliable.
- Recently fixed a timeout issue with master server, causing server list retrieval being slow.
- Added domain lookup for hidden server favorites feature.
- Delta updating from a21 to a27 failed, so this may be a fairly large update (unless you have a25 or a26). Go play a game while waiting for the update to complete.
Version 1.0a21 (Oct 29, 2012)
- Fixed Install Mods menu which broke recently due to a HDM website update.
- Added unobstructive notice for when an installed mod is out-of-date; also introduced halomdinstall:// handler.
- Added extra 'hidden' feature for adding server favorites (see app. support path directory)
- Updated Crossing slightly.
- Removing Shaft as an included mod, this will be placed as a third-party mod now.
- Improved handling of creating HLMD folder.
- Default to random name when picking a player handle.
- Re-implemented fetching server list, should fix a rare-ish crash when the master server is unavailable.
Version 1.0a20 (Aug 14, 2012)
- Fixed rare startup crash due to a framework not being linked.
- Fixed bug with modifying and renaming Halo profile's, causing Halo not to complain if a profile already exists.
- Disallow more illegal names when picking a name during the first launch, making Halo not complain or crash.
- Fixed bug on 10.5 (again) that caused downloading 3rd party mod's list to fail.
- Fixed icons causing them not to show up correctly on older OS's.
- Was able to get a build running on PPC 10.5.. If anyone wants it, let me know.
- Another small downloadable update.
- Fixed crashing bugs for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) users introduced in alpha 16.
- Fixed bug where Crossing showed up as "Infinity" in the lobby.
- Very small update.
Version 1.0a16 (Aug 05, 2012)
- Added new map Crossing again! The map and energy sword is still a work in progress, but have fun testing it out!
- Made heavy optimizations and improvements to Barrier, making the map easier to learn.
- Added experimental support for 3rd party modding. The game has been hacked to report the mod that is being played. Joining modded games will be easy. A slot is used for "modded" maps.
- Double-clicking on a game will now attempt to join it rather than refresh it (see game menu item to do latter action)
- Removed scoping blur by modifying bitmaps when a player is using pixel shaders.
- HaloMD reports when hosting a game fails, when you are trying to host one (most likely due to firewall/router issues)
- HaloMD removes save games on every launch, allowing one to play the campaign again and again
- Fixed bug on decoding player name and server text from Halo (now using correct Latin1 encoding).
- Fixed crash on startup that affects users running OS X 10.5
- Added new map Barrier again! Fixed its issues.
- Implemented sorting games by name, # of players, ping, etc.
- Added Dedicated field to game inspector panel.
- Updated Halo icon and credits.
Version 1.0a12 (May 07, 2012)
- Shaft (replacing putput) is now around, but removed (for now) Depot, Barrier, Crossing from alpha 11 because they were causing serious issues
- Game passwords are now cached for convenience
- Added menu option in Help menu for revealing Maps folder in Finder
Version 1.0a11 (May 07, 2012)
- Added 4 new maps: Shaft, Crossing, Barrier, Depot
- Fixed Campaign map, The Silent Cartographer (b30)
- Games whose connection can't be established do not show
- Games using a map that the user doesn't have installed do not show
- Updated HaloMD launcher, game, document, and data icons
- Improved serial key generation
Version 1.0a9 (Mar 10, 2012)
- Removed "Public" and "Private" in favor for more noticable Lock and key icons
- Added Map information to table
- Fixed bug where game variant showed blank in table (it's really a Halo bug)
- Improved Game Inspector (cmd+I), IP address and port got moved to there.
- Improved ping calculation. Before it was off by an order of magnitude of 100 ping; now it is off by around 10.
- Improved performance by using less CPU resources when idling
- Improved selection preservation when refreshing all servers
Version 1.0a8 (Mar 04, 2012)
- Fixed issue where HaloMD could fail to parse data from games, causing them not to show up properly in lobby
- Replaced icon with a more bearable one, still temporary
- This should delta update from 1.0a7, hopefully
Version 1.0a7 (Mar 02, 2012)
- Fixed creation of user profiles so that they now save properly
- Updated Sparkle framework. Delta updates should work the *next* time
- Added temporary icon for testing purposes
Version 1.0a4 (Feb 26, 2012)
- Added automatic updating, which will hopefully mean future delta updates
- When joining a game, you are now alerted if Halo is already running
- HaloMD now uses its own Documents folder independent of Halo Full
- If HaloMD is being installed for the first time, you are requested for picking a name to play as
- When hovering over a server, a tooltip shows up displaying the players in the game
- Added a game inspector that displays extra information on selected server (command I to show/hide it)
- Added Game menu with several common operations
- Added people to About window
Version 1.0a3 (Feb 17, 2012)
- Removed gamespy lobby. Minor changes
Version 1.0a1 (Feb 03, 2012)